PressRow Theme for WordPress

PressRow screenshot

Welp, it’s official. After months of talking about it (but not actually doing anything – that’s crazy talk!), I’ve finally designed a WordPress theme that has been released for public consumption. Yes, it’s true – you too can have a Chris Pearson design for the low, low cost of…wait for it…nada!

Important update: I’m working on a Thesis Theme Framework skin that will offer the original PressRow design, but it’ll come with all the added benefits of Thesis, like world-class SEO, lightning-fast loading times, and precise typography.

If you’d like to be notified when the PressRow skin for Thesis is ready, simply add your email below.

Her name is PressRow, and she’s a classy dame. With her abundant whitespace and exclusive use of the Georgia font face, she looks like an exquisitely untouchable professional. Don’t let that ladylike facade fool you though, as she comes equipped with sophisticated styles that can handle your images and format your text—all at the same time.

That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, she’s a pleaser. Simply put, she just wants to look her best all the time and perform for you whenever you ask. She’s got an understated elegance that is matched only by her insatiable desire to maximize the presentational capabilities of WordPress.

Go, go and get the girl!

PressRow screenshotNow that you know what she’s all about, what are you still doing here? She got all made up just for you, and she’ll be brutally disappointed if you don’t show up at her lovely coming out party (you know, in a non Ellen DeGeneres/Rosie O’Donnell sort of way).

Also, if you’re a WordPress.com user, then you’ll be happy to know that PressRow is one of the free themes that’s available to you over there!

Ben May 10, 2006

You’re about to become world famous, the theme is killer!

Nick May 11, 2006

Great theme. I really like it. It’s bold with the large about/archives/blog buttons, but not too flashy. Something that is inspired but simple is not often seen in these days of crazy Web 2.0 gradients, obnoxious colors, and huge annoying fonts. Congratulations on your accomplishment.

Aaron Brazell May 11, 2006

Love it. The only trend from you (no offense) that I don’t care for is the supersized fonts. Other than that, its a beautiful theme. I might use it! :-)

lawton chiles May 11, 2006

In honor of you Chris, and your groovy words, I’ll use it.

L

Aaron Brazell May 18, 2006

Alright I bit

Paul May 20, 2006

I was wondering if you would be interested in designing my site.

Chris P. May 20, 2006

Paul, I handle inquiries of that sort through my email, which is located at the bottom of the “author” page.

Ken Ward July 11, 2006

Chris – just wanted to let you know I’m going to set-up PressRow at sailogs.com.

Thanks for your work on the template – I think it’s going to do a lot to bring credibility to sailogs.com

Cheers

Chris P. July 13, 2006

Ken,

Love the site! You’ve done a great job of getting things set up, and it looks like your bloggers are off to a fantastic start.

Best of luck! If you ever have questions about the theme, be sure to post them to the PressRow Support Site, and I’ll answer them as quickly as possible.

Sab November 5, 2006

i’m enjoying PressRow a lot.
I just would like to show the number of posts available in each category.
I.e.
Friends (6)
Music (10)
Chris Pearson Fans’ Club (55)
:-)
Is there any way I can do that?
thanks
ciao

Stix2drums February 25, 2007

It seems that your rowpress site is hacked ’cause all of the URI-s are changed to a certain findcreditcards.com domain. You can see it on this page too:

www[dot]findcreditcards[dot]org/pressrow/

I like your WP theme very much by the way:)

tony March 18, 2007

i love pressrow
i downloaded the zip file
now what do i do
how do i extract it
iam frustrated please help

seb July 20, 2007

hi,
i’m currently trying to customize the pressrow theme.
could you give me a hint how to make new menu items, showing the different categories? that would be an awesome addition to this great theme!

Rob August 7, 2007

Yes I do agree with Seb. A hint on how to display the categories would be welcome. And if possible showing the numbers of posts on each category.
Thank you.

Richard McLaughlin January 30, 2008

thanks, it will be in use tomorow

Beth Knittle April 3, 2008

I really like my 2 row – pressrow theme but wish to upgrade to wordpress 2.5. Pressrow does not have tag and widget support – two reasons I wish upgrade. But i do not wish to abandon the theme. Do you have any plans to add these features?

Chris P. April 5, 2008

Beth — Unfortunately, I have no future plans to update PressRow. If you’re looking for a great theme that is also 2.5-ready, head on over to my WordPress themes page and check out the goods.

Dimitar June 20, 2008

How to add a category list to the sidebar. I hope that solves the problem that many others were asking about ;)

Infoscour October 14, 2008

Great theme, I downloaded it and I will be setting it up for a new opinion blog I am working on to cover some of our new economic crisis.

Jason October 19, 2008

Great theme! Been using it for a while now, but I am at a loss on how to link a new page along the top with the Home, Archives, and About pages. I wrote another page, but it’s not showing up. Any advice?

djupi November 14, 2008

yep.. same question with Jason… I want to show my page link in the top nav. Can anybody show how?

mary January 14, 2009

You know…this is a great theme an all, but your description of him is, ah, sexist and homophobic. If you don’t get why, maybe you should stop playing with the little guy and read up a bit on how women get objectified and why we get tired of it. thanks.

Chase Crawford January 14, 2009

Who let Mary out of the kitchen?

Betty January 14, 2009

Mary, STFU.

MLK January 15, 2009

Can someone tell Mary that he described the THEME as a “her”. Not a him. And squash the FemiNazi attitude. I thought it was kinda sexy to objectify the THEME as a woman. ANd despite my hetero leanings with homo tendancies on occasion, I don’t really want to see anything marketed in a Bromance OR Lohan-Ronson kinda way. Doesn’t really appeal tot he masses. I hope it felt cheap and easy! Wait, no…I hope it felt FREE! Cause if she’s taking money…then that would make her a prostitute and you sir, a pimp ;) – Chris, you’re a genius as always..but I still need help implementing your theme!! -Whoa, I just got way too carried away.

Edwin January 20, 2009

Hi,

I’m using the Pressrow theme but it doesn’t have the “previous post” link at the bottom. Why is that?

Janna February 24, 2009

I have the same question as Edwin. There’s no “previous posts” or “see older entries” at the bottom of the page. Is there a way to add that?

Maria April 6, 2009

love the look of pressrow; she looks fabulous. But the link to download her doesn’t work. any advice?

sachi April 21, 2009

hey love the simplisticness of the theme. however is there a way of getting rid of the archive page/button or changing it to something else?

mssmotorrd May 3, 2009

It’s the first time I commented here and I must say you share us genuine, and quality information for bloggers! Good job.
p.s. You have a very good template for your blog. Where did you find it?

Beth May 5, 2009

When I click any of the links in this post it takes me to www dot findcreditcards dot com. What the heck is that?

joe May 20, 2009

Same for me. Has this site been hacked

Chris Pearson May 21, 2009

joe, Beth — The credit card site was originally the home of PressRow, but it appears that they’ve taken the theme down. I haven’t worked on that template since May of 2006, and at this point, you can pretty much consider it dead.

In all likelihood, I’ll resurrect it in the form of a Thesis skin, so in that sense, at lease, PressRow will live on.

Michael August 19, 2009

Just checking to see whether a PressRow skin has been added to Thesis?

And while I’m at it, does Thesis have a design for forums built in?

(Considering to move my site to a Thesis+WordPress setup.)

Thanks

zoey October 12, 2009

I love your PressRow theme! I’m not sure if this is the place to ask how to deal with technical issues… I’ve been using PressRow on my wordpress site (the free application from wordpress.org). I just got “wordpress domain hosting” on GoDaddy. At first PressRow didn’t show up at all as an option. I tried to upload it and got some errors which prevented installation. Then when I went back to GoDaddy’s wordpress interface, your theme showed up first. The links are slightly different (“add header image and color”) and when I try to change the header image, it doesn’t actually have any buttons related to images/headers. Also, it says that the theme I’m using isn’t “widget” aware. Argh! Thanks!

cipriano November 4, 2009

Just fyi, all of your links in this post are going to “findcreditcards.org” for some reason. I hope that’s not on purpose.

Your themes are very nice, btw.

Lynn November 13, 2009

I’m trying to figure out how to make the home page a static page but not have the double homepage – I have to make one page the home but shouldn’t the page just become the homepage rather than essentially having two homepages in the navigation. Any advice?

Chris Scott November 21, 2009

Gday!

I have a question, whilst loving your work on this theme, I would like to know if its possible to add a second flickr stream to our blog? Either underneath or on the left hand side of the text so its symmetrical with the other one.

Is this posssible how can I do it?

Appreciate any help or advice!

tatiana reis January 10, 2010

hi, i would like to download pressrow for my blog but it seems like all the links lead to findcreditcards.com. some type of bug??? how can i get the real file, please? thanks,

LAUREN January 14, 2010

I am having trouble getting my custom header to show up on my actual blog. I uploaded it, cropped it and can see the preview but when I visit the blog its not there. Any suggestions on how to fix this?THANKS

Chris Pearson January 19, 2010

You’re using WordPress.com, and I don’t have any control over the themes hosted there or any knowledge of how they work. The support staff over there should be able to help you out, though, so give them a shout!

Linda February 5, 2010

How do I solve the double-Home problem with Press-Row?

Tracey April 28, 2010

Hi Chris!

I currently use PressRow on my blog and LOVE it. My boss also loves it and wants to use it for her blog.. Is there anyway I could get it for her?

wut October 10, 2010

I tried searching for the pressrow theme on wordpress. No results!

Janet November 17, 2010

Just wanted to say how sorry I am about the wordpress issue. There are many PressRow lovers who are not happy about it.

Thanks for a great theme!

Jerrywhyte Obamwonyi August 7, 2012